Spindle Seal is for use with Bearing Buddy® on trailers with brakes or as replacement seals.
The Spindle Seal System eliminates excessive grease leakage caused by rough sealing surfaces, which will quickly destroy any seal. With the Spindle Seal System, high-quality neoprene seals ride on a smooth stainless steel surface constantly greased by the action of Bearing Buddy®, which prolongs the life of the seals.
If the axle spindles already have stainless steel seal surface rings permanently installed, you do not need Spindle Seal. Service and installation instructions are included.
1. Lay the trailer hub on a flat surface with the inside bearing side facing upward.
2. Align the neoprene seal with the bearing hole and hammer gently with a piece of wood to push the neoprene seal into the hub.
3. Place the stainless steel ring on the spindle. Place the o-ring on the spindle in front of the stainless steel ring as shown in diagram.
4. With Spindle Seal installed, make sure spindle nut is properly tightened. If nut (and hub) is loose, Spindle Seal won’t function properly. If excessive grease leakage continues after properly tightening spindle nut, check components for wear or damage. If the problem still can’t be located, contact the factory.
5. Kits 1 and 5 come with a wire ring inside the stainless steel ring that provides extra support to the ring. In some cases, it may be difficult to insert the cotter pin after these kits have been installed. If the hub moves outward on the spindle such that a cotter pin cannot be inserted through the spindle’s castellated nut, either (1) shorten the length of the nut (2) file a deeper groove on the nut or (3) purchase a thinner cotter pin.